Coffee & Cake at Greenstead Farm Cafe
The North Essex and Suffolk borders provide some of the best cycling countryside in the region. Some testing hills, and the maze of quiet country lanes with beautiful scenery are enjoyed by cyclists of all ages and standards.
At Greenstead Farm we regularly see visitors who have come from Colchester, Chelmsford, Bury St Edmunds and other surrounding towns and villages under their own pedal power. Cycle clubs regularly descend on our cafe looking for the best 'Coffee and Cake' available in the area, or even one of our Greenstead Farm cooked breakfast specials. We of course oblige with some of our local baker Kat's wonderful sweet creations providing the necessary carbohydrate and energy intake for that journey home.
The farm is very popular with cyclists because of its secure garden area to store bikes, and the chance to relax on the sun baked barn terrace.
If you are a member of a cycling club, or the head of the peloton, and want to make sure we have an abundance of fabulous cakes for your visit, please contact us on 01787 472807 24 hours before your ride.
What's on the menu?
- Toasted tea cake with butter and jam
- Homemade fruit scone with butter and jam
- Homemade cheese scone and butter
- Fresh cakes from Kat
- Various sweet slices
- Open Sandwiches – served on toasted ciabatta
- Traditional Sandwiches – served on white or granary bread
- Jacket Potatoes - Piping hot from the oven with melted butter
- Greenstead Farm’s Ham & Cheese Ploughman’s Lunch